Monday, July 25, 2011

12 days

it's crazy how fast this summer has gone by. it seems like only yesterday i was lost in montgomery on the way to orientation with a car full of girls..and now i'm booking my flight home to leave DC in exactly two weeks. 
at orientation the main focus was learning how to stay present. fully being immersed in the people, culture, and work surrounding you. but it's not always easy focusing all your thoughts on the "present" when there's a million other things at home begging for attention. "do i have everything ready for the upcoming school semester?".."what color should i paint my apartment bathroom?".."i wonder what my friends and i will do once we see each other.".."i'm so ready to see my family."
everyday i repeatedly have to pull myself and mind back into camp and the kids. for four weeks i've tried my hardest to be present. but with two weeks left, i know it will definitely be challenging. i'm physically, mentally, and emotionally drained. i pray that i have the strength to get through it. not only for myself, but for my team members as well. we started off strong and fully present..and i hope we end just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment